Cloud Systems Engineer
RecoMatics is a Belgian System Integrator and ISV that builds most of its business around document management and automated document processing. RecoMatics started its business in 1995 and is celebrating its 20th birthday, but it still feels like a young start-up that is more agile that it’s ever been. RecoMatics is a Microsoft Gold partner since many years.
EasyForm was the first product family RecoMatics created. Thanks to the continuous success it still is the backbone for RecoMatics ECM solutions. EasyForm has been integrated with Microsoft SharePoint.
In 2015 RecoMatics launched Vycunia, a unique SaaS solution that can import, compose and assign documents to Microsoft Dynamics CRM and lets you see it all in a single view.
To support the growth of Vycunia we’re looking to hire a Cloud Systems Engineer.
There are those that use the cloud and there are those that build the cloud - you are one of the builders. RecoMatics is looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer who will be responsible for all aspects of our 7x24 production cloud environment. The candidate must have the ability to merge tactical, daily operations with a strategic vision for hardening and scaling the environment.
You have a passion for designing and implementing IT Infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be taking care of building, running and scaling our multi-tenant SaaS infrastructure, monitoring, alerting, incident management, capacity planning, change management and security. Therefore you have a deep knowledge of the Microsoft server platform and operating system and you understand what it takes to move from on-premises to cloud based infrastructure. You love communicating and collaborating with Developers and providing them with the best platform to run the software they’ve built.
Finally, we are seeking someone who wants to be a major contributor in a small, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment, loves a challenge, and has a strong balance of technical and people skills that will keep the office dynamic. You are one of us.
- Design and build a scalable multi-tenant Microsoft Azure based cloud infrastructure.
- Create long-term scaling and short term elasticity strategies for the production environment.
- Building up DevOps knowledge and implementing Automation tools.
- Maintain, monitor, and improve the performance and availability of the 24/7 SaaS production environment including networks, servers, databases, etc.
- Design a reliable service architecture to maintain tight and continuous improving SLAs.
- Create plans and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions.
- Master in Computer Science or equivalent through proven experience and successful projects.
- Must have 5+ years of prior experience in architecting, building, deploying, managing and scaling Infrastructure on Microsoft Windows Server and ideally on Windows Azure.
- Technical knowledge of server and cloud monitoring and analytics tools.
- Proficient in scripting (e.g. PowerShell) and with the ability to develop ad hoc tools at scale.
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools (e.g. Puppet or Chef) and with release/build/deployment management.
- Experience in building a backup & recovery strategy.
- Experience maintaining a secure production environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with 7x24 production operations and SLA development.
- Passion for systems engineering and automation.
- Excellent organization, documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Innovation skills and vision.
- Technical proficiency in the Microsoft infrastructure platform.
- Architectural, analysis and planning skills.
- Hard working/get the job done attitude.
- Team player that collaborates well with others.
- Works well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Energetic self-starter who shows personal initiative.
- Experience working with customers.
What we offer
- You’ll be part of a fun team of 30 IT experts that are proud of the customer satisfaction and the project and products they deliver.
- The pleasant corporate culture allows for continuous personal growth and self-development.
- We’re located in Gent what means less traffic jams for a lot of people.
- We offer a competitive salary and extras.
Would you like to apply for this job? Then send your CV with motivation letter directly to Recomatics CEO Luc Van de Velde: email@example.com .